When it comes to deciding how to raise your child, you get into trouble. You start that deep research into everyone else’s life and their valuable advice. Still, a doubt stops you to do that. Parenting as it is called is an important function as a parent and for the child, if you take the wrong step then it not only disturbs your child but maybe the society too. So whether you are parenting or wish to be informed about it, then this article is for you.
Principle: There is no right way to do it
Yes, what you read is right. Parenting does not have anyone right rule but it all depends on how you want your child to be and how the child considers it. As a parent, you would always think about your child becoming a disciplined and well-mannered individual. But the track one may follow will be entirely different to another’s but yet you could get into your destination. Then you might get advice that works for some but not for others. So everything is just in your hands, you decide it and execute.
Tips on parenting
Here are a few pointers you should consider keeping in mind while parenting. These will help be decide what is good for your child:
- Spend time with your kids: Get yourselves into the shoes of family man and spend effective time with kid(s), this will strengthen the relationship
- Love them but not over love: There is nothing wrong with loving your child. Give them the utmost love they should get but never over love.
- Be supportive: Encourage your child in what they love and what they do. Strengthen their self-esteem. This would enable them to be independent and make the decision themselves.
- Be flexible: Know your child’s need and you can flex accordingly in how you raise them
- Grow as they grow: Child’s behaviour would transform as they grow, never show them the behaviour when they were young but transform yourselves
- Respect each other: This is a universal fact. If you respect them then more than the respect, they will love you; will behave the same to others too.
- Understand the situation: It is common that child do mistakes, but realize the situation to make them understand their mistake. It is all about ‘at the right time’.
- Be a role model: When you are a role model to your child there is no other way than to make your child follow you, but make sure you do it right!